Week 5 and 6 I’m sure my sweet husband would love to forget.
You see, I have a little problem. Starting projects and not finishing them. Or starting projects and half-assing them. Either way, he must have sensed me itching to do something in the bathroom and asked me not to start any more projects in the midst of our chaos.
And I fully intended to keep this promise. Buuuuut, after painting the bathroom (3 times), and trying out some shiplap it just still wasn’t right. And I couldn’t very well replace the flooring in this room knowing I still needed to change it.
Plan B. (Really, it’s probably plan E by now)- I picked up these gorgeous legs at an antique store and had to find a way to use them.
Photo by Rafterhouse
I found a similar sink to the one in my inspiration pic above at IKEA, and I’m going to use the legs to build a base.
But first, when I took down the shiplap, the drywall was studded with holes and needed a solution more than just paint.
So some board and batten is on the agenda.
I taped off my sections to check my spacing and then nailed 1/4″ plywood to make the board sections.
I’m using 1X4’s as my header, and 1×6’s as baseboards. I chose 1/2″ MDF molding for my battens so there will be a distinction in the depth (this is so it will intentionally NOT be flush or seamless with the top and bottom boards. I used the same thickness in this project and despised having to fill and sand to make it perfect).
I’m slowly adding a coat of paint here and there between other projects. We took all of the fixtures and tile out this weekend so I can paint worry free before we lay the new floors. And fingers crossed this is the last makeover this little bathroom sees for a looong time. I’m not sure my husband could handle another project 😉.