Summer is in full swing here. You would think that we would have all sorts of free time for getting stuff done, but it sure hasn’t felt that way. A couple of weeks in and we’ve already had Cub Scout Day camp, swimming lessons, doctor’s appointments, and I can’t believe we are sneaking up on the 4th of July already! I had high hopes to get more accomplished so far (including some great blog posts), but soaking in the sun with my babies will be my focus for a while, and I’m OK with that!
It’s been several weeks already, but sweet Nancy from Two Plus Cute (isn’t that the best blog name?!) nominated me among some other amazing ladies for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award. I was quite honored! Nancy has a super fun style, and you can find some great DIY’s, décor, and her self proclaimed “brown thumb gardening” over on her site. Go check her out!
I have developed some great friendships in my short time blogging and am excited to share my 10 picks for the award.
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is passed from blogger to blogger as a way to get to know one another and meet new friends. It has five rules that are more of helpful guidelines than actual rules:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog
- Answer the 10 questions given to you
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and let them know they have been nominated (you can be flexible on this one and just nominate bloggers you like)
- Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Display the award on your blog or post
Before I share my picks, let me first answer the 10 questions from Nancy:
- Share something about yourself that you find unusual. I am the oldest of four girls. No brothers. I thought this was pretty ironic when I had two little boys of my own, and always thought I was destined to be a “boy Mom” and then we had little miss almost 2 years ago.
- Favorite post-of all times- that you wrote? Well there aren’t that many to choose from, but probably sharing my daughter’s room. We worked hard to remodel and turn the formal living room into her sweet bedroom, and while it wasn’t all that long ago, it feels now like her room has always been that way. Blood, sweat, and tears in that one!
- Favorite spot to enjoy a drink (even if it is just water)? Well I’m not too excited by water=), but I love to have a big girl drink camping in the woods. Preferably in front of a fire. With a s’more in my other hand.
- Pizza, steak, or salad? Pizza for sure. But steak would be a close second. Medium rare with warm bleu cheese on top. Salad….that’s pretty far down the list!
- Which is your favorite social media outlet? It changes, but my current fave is definitely Instagram. Quick, easy, visual, and yet you are still able to connect with people easily. I have made so many friends- some local!
- What is the best aspect of blogging (in your eyes)? I love writing. I love taking pictures. I love decorating and redecorating my house. DIY’ing things. Blogging just seemed to be a natural extension of all of these.
- What was the most important thing or lesson you have learned in your life? Be Yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
- Which baby animal do you find the cutest? Kittens. Fluffy striped ones. I’ve brought one home on a whim before (um twice actually), and there’s a chance it will happen again!
- Best blogging advice you can give? I hardly feel like I should be giving anyone advice, but when I was thinking about starting a blog, the best advice I saw was “just do it!”. People (myself included) feel like what they have to say may not be important, or has already been done or said- but not by YOU!
What is the question you would have liked to have received (and what is the answer to it)? Why is this the hardest question for me?! Pepsi or Coke? And definitely Pepsi. Unless there’s Ruby Red Squirt involved=).
Alrighty then, now its my turn to announce 10 blogs and bloggers that I enjoy following and getting to know. These are in no particular order of course!
- Carli of Fearfully & Wonderfully Made. She has amazing style and is genuinely sweet. Check out her amazing master bedroom redo.
- LeAnn at Gaschen Ave. and Co. LeAnn is on a mission to inspire and uplift women. She is an amazing woman who does it all, and has an etsy shop also.
- Ashley from Ashley’sDécorSpace. Such a sweetheart and regularly shares photos of her gorgeous home on Instagram. She hand-painted some amazing murals in her kid’s spaces you should check out!
- Jessica at Weekend Renovators. Jessica and her husband are renovating their 70’s fixer-upper in between kids, jobs, and life! She has made some amazing progress so far- her kitchen is AHMAZING!
- Brooke at Start At Home Décor. Her blog is fabulous, a super fun Etsy site. Full of farmhouse goodness!
- Lela of In The New House Designs. She was one of my first Insta-friends! Such a sweetheart, and has great budget design ideas. She also has a shop with farmhouse style goodness.
- The Homemaking Momma, Bree has such a sweet, uplifting spirit. I really enjoy her writing style, very down to earth, and beautiful, practical décor ideas.
- Lauren at Bless’er House. I’ve followed Lauren’s blog for awhile, and I just looove her style and the fact that she DIY’s just about everything also makes me think we could be friends=). So many great ideas and inspiration just browsing through her home. Gallery walls, board and batten, faux beams-swoon!
- Dana of House Tweaking. Another big fish blogger, I have watched her journey throughout the last several years. Adding to her family, downsizing homes, paying off their mortgage!!! One of the blogs I have regularly followed since I got hooked on home décor blog probably 5 years ago!
- Chelsea at A Little Thrifty Chic. Her daughter is the same age as mine, so I was instantly drawn to her day-to-day life stories. Beautiful home and style as well!
And the questions for these ladies, should anyone like to carry on this award:
- How long have you been blogging?
- Italian or Mexican food?
- Dream vacation spot?
- Passion other than blogging?
- Do you eat breakfast every day?
- What would your dream job be?
- Tell me about your family. Husband? Kids? Animals?
- What is your favorite room in your house?
- All time fave movie?
- Share something about yourself others may find unusual.
Thanks again to Nancy for thinking of me. I really am enjoying myself working and writing and dreaming up projects for my house. This has been such a fun journey so far, and I’m excited to see where it will take me!